Monday, April 2, 2007

How loud can a baby scream?

Apparently really loud.

Which sucks.

I am honestly surprised that human race has thrived as much as it has given that for the first 6 weeks at least all offspring do is scream to comunicate. It's not bad like the first 800 or so times you hear it but after scream 801 it really starts to grate on my nerves.

Before Logan was born I heard mothers and fathers "interpert" there babies screaming. which I admint at the time I thought was baloney.

"whaaaa" dad says oh hes hungry.

"whaaaa" mom says oh he needs to be changed.

"whaaaa" mom and dad say he just tired.

I figured they all sounded the same how could they tell the difference?

I am now at the point I can tell the difference, although part of me believes that I am having audio delusions due to lack of sleep.

This is not to say Logan is a cranky baby or cries more than usual, just that m adjustment to fatherood is taking a bit of time. Truth be told when talking to other new parents I get the feeling that logan is a well behaved baby.

Oh other exciting news, I found my first grey hair!

5 comments:

Tyler Robinson said...

Jut ONE picture of Logan... get on it yo!

sis said...

Now, and only now, can I admit you've joined the ranks of parenthood. Kind of like the "Hotel California" - it can be a lonely place, but you never want to leave. It is amazing how expressive a baby can be when all he can do is cry. It can make you feel like you're listening to nails on a chalkboard at times. But it can also warm your heart in the middle of the night when he's sick, just because you know he is OK. Good luck Daddy. We'll visit soon so that our kids can get to know one another. We'll try to keep Tate from making Logan cry - no promises.

Darrin Asinger said...

Trying to get a web photo album set up so I don't clutter my page with pics.

Vance Koberstein said...

So what's louder - Logan screaming, or Darren on our couch after consuming an entire 32 oz steak in 54 seconds flat.....?

Darrin Asinger said...

Good to hear from ya Vance! Keeping Tyler outta trouble in calgary I hope. Gotta say logan's screaming is louder than my snoring, cause he wakes me up over my snoring.

Are you sure that steak was just 32 oz ? I remeber it being bigger not to mention the side of potatoes and veggies. lol